- Remove the pockets from the button up shirt.
- Cut out the back panel of the shirt along the seams.
- Take the piece that you cut and place on top of the plaid shirt or fabric. Pin, trace and cut with a 1 inch SA.
- Pin the new plaid back panel onto the the edges of the chambray shirt right side to right side and sew over the seams.
- Since I used a plaid shirt the shirt tail was already hemmed. If you use fabric, sew a hem on the tail of the shirt.
- Take the denim pocket and pin onto the plaid. Trace with chalk and cut. Iron down the seams to lay flat.
- Sew a straight stitch about 2 inches down from the top of the pocket.
- Pin the pocket onto the pocket area and sew onto the shirt. I only used one pocket because I like the way the pocket area looks once removed.
DIY: Mixed print/pattern shirt