March 7, 2014
March 5, 2014
March 3, 2014
- Measure the smallest part of your waist. Divide by 2 and this will be your waist measurement.
- Measure the length that you want for the skirt beginning at the smallest part of your waist.
- Fold the fabric in half lengthwise.
- Mark the waist and length measurements on the fabric with the chalk. I marked 14 in and 30 in respectively.
- Use a ruler to draw straight lines and cut along lines. You should have the exact fitting of your skirt.
- With the right sides of fabric facing each other, stitch a seam down the long side of the fabric. This will be the back of the skirt.
- Place the elastic around your waist and pull snugly. Mark and cut. My elastic was about 24 inches.
- Stitch the raw edges of the elastic together creating your waistband.
- Pin the elastic around the top edge of the skirt. Make sure it is on the right side of the fabric.
- Stitch the elastic onto the skirt edge using a Serger or zigzag stitch.
- Fold the elastic towards the wrong side twice. Tack the elastic into place or stitch around the bottom edge of the elastic.
- Hem the bottom of the skirt 1 - 1 1/2 inches.
February 28, 2014