DIY: Lattice style t-shirt

    |


Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. This week's DIY project is all about the t-shirt. There are tons of ways you can restyle and refashion a t-shirt. One blogger who does an extremely awesome job is Anne from wobisobi. She has an endless list of t-shirt tutorials and my next project will be the t-shirt dress. Anyway I will be showing you all how I made a lattice style t-shirt. You can also use Anne's tutorial

Supplies:
v- neck t-shirt (I used a men's medium)
scissors
chalk or pencil
ruler
8 mm studs
needle and thread (optional)



Lay out the shirt and with chalk or pencil, draw a straight line across from under the v.
Draw about 11 lines vertically in each shoulder area.
Cut the lines.
Stretch the cut pieces to get a tubular look.
Create your pattern and apply the studs to hold in place. Since I didn't have enough prong back studs, I used needle and matching thread to hold the strings in place. I then applied iron-on studs throughout.  
This project was pretty easy and took about a hour or since I had to hand stitch a few strings together.
Roll the sleeves to give it a more fitting look.
before and after





Outfit Details:
Jeans - American Eagle | Loafers - Zappos | Belt - American Eagle

Linking up with: Monday MingleVisible Monday | My Style Monday | Monday Bloom | Mom's Monday Mingle

24 comments

  1. you make the best clothes, i can never pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great way to turn an old tee into something totally cool. Well done Mo.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out so cute! The cutouts are perfect for summer and really jazz up the tee!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, amazing job. I think this might be one of my favorite DIYs from you so far! Love how it came out.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job! I love Wobisobi, and get lots of ideas from there. thanks for sharing your creation with Visible Monday : >

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. Yes, she has tons of fresh ideas for shirts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Yi-chia! Much appreciated. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Sharon. I almost made some in the back but thought it would be too much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Ivy. Are you going to try one?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww thanks. You just have to try and keep at it. It's not hard at all. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! Looks just like what you'd buy in the store.

    Lauren
    Style of One's Own

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really think so? Thanks Lauren. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how the shirt came out and those pants are super cute!!! :)

    -Vogue&Heels

    www.vogueandheels.com

    www.shopvogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. indeed wat a great way to recycle an old tee. Doing this will defo save money.. Job well done gal! :-)


    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this Mo! 8/10 times I mess up my diy project :/ lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look great Mo. I love your pants and that DIY top is wonderful. I love the cutouts.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    Crate & Barrel $140 Gift Card Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  17. I mess up more on my sewing projects. I just toss it aside and try again later. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice DIY! :) Very cute, different top! Nice Job Mo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Um that is serious skill - great work Mo!! And super cute combo with the floral jeans and coral loafers. Nice and bright for summer :)
    www.the-lifestyle-project.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very different indeed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks! I think I liked the combo better than the actual top. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're so creative! Love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments!

Mo