And the award goes to...

    |


Hey there! So yesterday I found out that I was nominated for the Liebster Award. I thought "Awesome, an award! But what is it?" I clicked the link Kaitlin from Tea and Sequins left for me to find out more. After reading her post I decided to do a little more research. Google It! The gist of this award is that there are bloggers out there who really like other bloggers for whatever reason and wants the world to know. It isn't for any blogger. It's for the special ones who have yet to receive more than 200 followers. So it's cool to not have tons of followers. Awesome. There is no real award just recognition that you have an almost amazing blog. ;-) It's sort of like chain mail. Except there aren't any negative consequences if you don't accept the award and pass it forward. *Disclaimer* I'm not 100% positive about any negative affects so join at your own risk. 


The Rules:

1. List 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger who nominated you gave you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4. Ask 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let each blogger you've nominated know that you have chosen him or her for the award.
6. Thank the blogger who nominated you and put a link back to his or her blog in your post.

I've recently shared 11 random facts about myself here but I guess 11 more can't hurt.
So, let's get the show on the road!



The Facts:

1. I've never traveled outside the US of A. I have been to about 13 states. About 3 or 4 of them were pit stops during road trips. Those count too right?

2. I played on the girl's basketball team in HS from 9th grade to 11th grade. My senior year I decided to become a cheerleader instead. Yeah, I know. I felt that I wouldn't be getting ANY play time since there were so many better players than me. Being a cheerleader was fun though. AND I cheered for both the girls and boys basketball teams.

3. My younger sister and I had the same due date for our first pregnancies. Weird people would ask if we planned it or had sex at the same time in the same room! I know, creepy. We both went past our due dates and my son was born on the 14th in the afternoon. My nephew was born on the 15th in the morning.

4. I used to hate wearing skirts and dresses. You couldn't get me in one unless it was absolutely necessary. Then I got a boyfriend in HS who started to buy me "girly" clothes. I guess my baggy jeans and polo shirts weren't hot enough. After that, history changed. I mean I think I wore skirts the entire year in 11th grade. I woke up my freshman year in college and hated them again. I've just recently began liking it somewhat. It must be this blogging gig.

5. I'm a lazy thinker. In no way does that mean that I'm stupid, because I'm really not. It just takes a lot to think about certain things. To think about anything really. Ain't nobody got time for that!



6. I joined the debate team in the 6th grade. I have no idea why when I can barely hear and I didn't like talking. Who the hell convinced me to do that? It had to be my teacher Mr. P. I think his name started with a P....

7. On that note, I have a really bad memory. I forgot what I just said. No really, let me scroll up....Oh, yeah! Actually I may just have selective memory. Maybe I just block things out. Maybe its because it takes too much energy to recall stuff. I used to pretend I remembered stuff when brought up. I would respond like "oh, yeah!" but actually had no idea. Nowadays I just tell people I have no idea what they're talking about. No sense in fronting.

8. I used to be the queen of chucks. Once I bought my first pair it was a wrap. I had almost every color made by Converse. Okay I'm exaggerating but really I had quite a few. It was all I wore. And I knew I was fly. Currently I have 6 pairs and its in the right size.





9. I have about 16 tattoos. I got my first one at 18. Then I became addicted and got one almost every year for Christmas. I'm working on getting a full sleeve on my right arm. The funny thing about that is I used to think that sleeves were so ugly on women but now I think that it can actually be sexy. I've had some bad ones but they have either been covered up or enhanced.




10. I'm allergic to exercising. No really, it makes me sick. I get dizzy and my body temperature rises and I can't catch my breath and then I fall out. True story. Every single time. Actually it might be because I hold my breath while exercising. Not completely held in, but enough to go to my head that when I'm done I fall dramatically to the floor. Waaaaaaatttteerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

11. Food makes me happy. When I'm hungry I could be pretty cranky. I don't like people to do things for me or give me anything but if you offer some good food I'll love you like a fat kid loves cake. Keep in mind when we meet, feed me and everything will be A O K. :-)




Kaitlin's Questions:

1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I felt like I didn't do anything creative outside of work. Yeah I've recently begun making my own jewelry and upgrading items I currently owned, but it wasn't as if I was selling them in an Etsy store. I realized that my style was evolving so why not share it with others. That way I could be creative and feel as if I have a life.

2. What's your accessorizing philosophy? Less is more? Pile it on?
I just got into wearing accessories when I began making my own rings and bracelets. I think it depends on the outfit and the occasion. I feel that I should always wear a necklace because my neck feels naked without one. Definitely pile it on for bracelets and add a watch to the opposite wrist.

3. If you could swap closets with one blogger for a day, who would it be?
This is quite difficult being that I'm 5'10" 1/4 and have a big butt for my slim frame. Also I'm not big on heels. My poor feet can't stand it. Literally. So let's pretend those things don't matter, I would have to say Sheryl Luke from Walk in Wonderland. Her outfit choices are oh so lovely.

4. What is the best vacation you've ever been on?
Hmm. I really don't take too many of those. When I do something usually goes wrong and ruins everything. Say like me catching the flu the day of arrival. SMH. It's going to have be the summer vacations spent in Virginia Beach, Va with my mom and sisters. Except that one time my mom tried to kill us because she fell asleep behind the wheel. This is why I can't sleep in moving vehicles. We had to tell my mom to pull over and get her butt in the back. I was a newly licensed driver too.

5. What's your go to store when you've got some cash to spare?
H&M and Target. I know that's more than one but you can't just choose one. I actually wanted to list about 5 or 6.

6. What's your dream job?
My dream job is to get paid and not do anything! Which is why it's a dream job. I think being a stylist would be an awesome job to have. I believe I'll have more fun styling men. Menswear is cooler in my opinion and I feel like women can be more difficult to convince and persuade. Maybe it's the tomboy in me.

7. Do you have any pets?
Currently I do not have any pets. There have been cats, dogs and snakes in and out of my life. I would like to have a dog again one day. Preferably one that doesn't shed. He/she will have to be trained and it shouldn't be bigger than me.

8. Online or in-store shopping?
Both! Online is more convenient and you don't have to go through the hassle of crowded stores, trying on pieces, and finding your size. This works better for this stores and brands that you know will always fit you right. In-store can be good only because the items can look different online versus in person. Sometimes a good different versus a bad different. The fabric could be different than what you thought for instance thin and light weight or cheap looking. As I stated earlier, because of my body type, I have to try on almost everything.

9. If you had to move to another country, which would you choose?
I'm going to have to say London for this one. London's street style is ridiculous and I wish we had half of the stores that they have. I know you can order online from stores like Asos and Top Shop but it's just not the same. Get me out of here!!

10. Who's your celebrity style icon?
Ciara. We have a similar build (minus the butt) and she rocks the tomboy style well. The singer/dancer Ciara for those who weren't sure.

11. What's your best advice for people who want to start blogging?
Me give out advice? I still need help! Honestly I can only advise that you be patient, engage in social media, and interact with other bloggers. Your blog will eventually take off.


My Nominees

I follow about 210 blogs on bloglovin and 88 on gfc. This was not an easy task. Over 85% of them have well over 200 followers. I guess this should have made my task easier but I realized that the ones who didn't were black bloggers and this is only from my own list. Where's the love?? *winks* So here are my nominees in no particular order.






(Okay, I cheated! I know that was 12)

My 11 Questions

1. Do you have any siblings or are you an only child?
2. How would you describe your style?
3. Do you watch the show Scandal? What do think about it?
4. What's a favorite pastime of yours other than blogging?
5. You just won a 7 day all expenses paid vacation to Puerto Rico for yourself plus 1 guest. You have 3 1/2 hours to arrive at the airport. Who do you take and what do you pack?
6. Do you have a fish aquarium? If yes, may I have it please?
7. Who or what do you think you were in your past life?
8. Would you be okay if you couldn't show any skin from your legs for the rest of your life? How would you work your way around it?
9. Do you have any children? If so how many? If not, would you like to have any?
10. Do you have any secrets or tips to getting dressed in the morning or for an event without taking a day and a half?
11. Who are your top 3 favorite style bloggers?
Special thanks again to Kaitlin from Tea and Sequins! Make sure you check out her blog and show some love. Oh yeah, she's tall too, like me. :-)











No comments

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments!

Mo