- Cut the sleeves from the jacket.
- Cut open the sleeves and cut strips about 1 inch wide and as long as the entire width of the jacket.
- Mark where you want the waistband to go. I placed mine at the smallest part of my waist.
- Apply the liquid stitch to the edges of the strips lengthwise and press on jacket. Stop about an inch before the edge of the jacket and make sure to leave an opening in between the edges of the strips. Let dry.
- Attach the safety pin to one end of your drawstring and push through the waistband opening until you get to the other side. Remove the safety pin. Smooth out the drawstring and cut to desired length. Tie a knot on each end.
- Optional: You can add beads to the ends of the drawstring.
I'm guessing something caught my eye and I wasn't quite ready. :-)