- Using the ruler and chalk, cut 3 pieces of fabric; 10x40 (tie), 3x5 (middle bow), and 8x14 (main bow)
- Interfacing can be applied to the main bow to have a stiffer look. I decided I wanted mine to hang more like a pussy bow. Fold each fabric in half right sides facing each other.
- Sew a seam on the long side of both the middle and main bows.
- Turn inside out and iron flat.
- Fold in half and sew a seam on the short side of the bows. This will create a tube or circle.
- Slide the main bow through the middle bow and adjust.
- Take the fabric tie which should be folded in half and measure 2 inches from the raw edge. Draw a diagonal line from this point and cut at angle. This will make the ends of the tie pointy instead of straight.
- Sew around the tie leaving an 1 inch gap or opening.
- Pull tie inside out and sew the opening closed.
- Iron flat.
- Pull one end of the tie through the back of the middle bow and repeat for the other end.
DIY: Oversized Bow Tie