For this week's DIY project I decided to go through my stash and sew something from scratch. I haven't sewn anything from a pattern since I got my first sewing machine about 4 years ago. I feel like I'm horrible at pattern sewing and better at refashioning items. I always have trouble getting the sizing right but we all know that practice makes perfect and my goal is to sew something from scratch at least once a month. The first piece is a lace back tunic and I used a pattern fabric and black lace as the contrast for the top back. The fabric has been in my stash since I bought last summer when I attended the MimiGStyle conference. I used version C from the pattern.