- With the cardigan on, measure around the upper area of your arm near the underarm area. mark where you want to place the ribbon with chalk.
- Cut 2 or 3 strips of ribbon using this measurement and add about 1/2 inch.
- Apply the fabric glue to the ribbon and glue onto the marked areas on the sleeve. Place something in between the sleeves such as a piece of cardboard of magazine. This is so the front and back sides of the sleeves won't stick together. Let dry.
- Print out a letter of your choice using a large font. I used a font size of 400. Cut out the letter.
- Place the letter onto the felt and trace around the edge with the chalk or marking pen. Cut out the felt letter.
- Take the felt letter and place it on top of a new piece of felt. Trace around the edges about 1/2 inch. This will be the border. You can also print out the same letter in a bigger size and trace that as the border. Cut out.
- Glue the letter onto the border with the fabric glue. Let dry.
- Glue the letter and border onto the desired area of the cardigan. Let dry.
- With the cardigan on, mark above and below your elbow with the chalk.
- Using a round object such as a measuring cup, trace half circles at the top and bottom of the felt for your patches.
- Connect the lines on the sides creating ovals. Cut out.
- Apply glue to the elbow patch and press onto marked areas on the sleeves. Make sure something is placed in between.
DIY: Varsity Blues