Goodwill Thrifting

    |


This past Saturday, Goodwill Stores had a 50% off sale on all apparel and shoes. I haven't been thrifting in a while so I spent my day digging for treasures. I mean, literally the entire day and night. I started at 9 right after my dentist appointment, which by the way, I will have one final appointment for in July. I went to about 4 different Goodwills. I was the last customer in one of them. I also stopped at Buffalo Exchange as they were having a dollar sale on select items to benefit the Humane Society. There were some cool digs but you couldn't try on anything and I didn't like that so I didn't purchase anything from there. I also took a break halfway through the day and chilled with Mel at the Berkeley Flea Market. We ate shrimp and chicken roti from the Caribbean food vendor. It was my first time having one and it's so good. It's thick and very filling. Okay, back to the haul. I scored 16 items for a total of $59. Is that a steal or what? :-) Here are my finds.

Light pink blazer. $6.99


Old school denim blazer. This jacket is big on me but I couldn't pass it up. 
I will be altering it myself and I can't wait until it's done. $4.49


Casual Corner teal blazer. $3.99


The back of the blazer has a small hole but I really like the color so
 I am going to cover it up with lace from a curtain that I found for 99 cents. 
Finished jacket coming soon. 


Forest/tree bark patterned utility jacket. It has small holes here and there but the ruggedness 
of it is appealing. $5.49


Ann Taylor Loft red orange dress slacks. I love the gold button embellishments.
$4.99

J Crew floral ankle pants. My first item by this brand. $4.49


Gap cobalt blue broken in khakis $4.49


These are capris that I will cut shorter to about a 5 to 7 inch inseam. $3.99


Bongo high-waisted jeans. Remember Bongo!?! (or am I really showing my age?)
$5.49




I found this vest for Mel. It would look good with a pair of dark blue denim 
and some white chucks or cognac dress shoes. $2.49


Forever 21 navy and cream sleeveless cardigan. 
I usually need a large in their tops but this fits really good. $2.99


Red green and white striped sleeveless button down. 
I can wear this with some cut offs and boots. $2.49


Really colorful floral button down. I like the colors a lot. $3.49


Plain white crew neck tee. It looks pretty good for a white shirt from a thrift shop. 
The white shirts I notice usually have stains or are off white. When I showed it to Mel she
 thought I got it from somewhere else. $1.49




The last item that I bought was a red medium sized heart shaped bowl. 
I put all of my bracelets in it. .99 cents


Do you like to thrift shop? Are there any pieces here that you like?


                                          

No comments

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments!

Mo